KILHAM PARISH COUNCIL
Terms of reference for the Fracking Working Group
To pursue the following aims in relation to shale gas exploration and drilling (fracking) in Kilham and the surrounding area.
- Monitoring changes in the wider context, e.g. in policy, planning or legislation, that are potentially relevant to Kilham and the surrounding area.
- Informing and consulting with residents about fracking as it may affect Kilham.
- Liaising with other local councils/councillors for mutual benefit in building capacity to act effectively in relation to fracking on behalf of residents in Kilham and the surrounding area.
- Reporting back to the Parish Council with regard to the above
- With the agreement of the parish council to keep the residents updated using the parish council’s website and newsletter with impartial and factual information.
The Working Group will regularly update information held on this website, as it becomes available, to ensure you are kept informed of imminent fracking in our area.
As a starting point and in order to maintain a balanced view, we have gathered the following links to further information
KILHAM PARISH COUNCIL DOES NOT ENDORSE ANY OF THESE SOURCES: they are purely for your information. KILHAM PARISH COUNCIL IS NOT RESPOSIBLE FOR THE CONTENT OF EXTERNAL WEBSITES
Independent Investigative JournalismDrill or Drop?
Anti-fracking Campaign GroupFrack Free East Yorkshire..
Environmental Campaign GroupsFreinds of the Earth
Government Departments and AgenciesRoyal Town Planning
Oil and Gas Authority (now responsible for issuing PEDLs)
Department of Energy and Climate Change - Guidance on Shale Gas and Hydraulic Fracturing (external website - opens in new window)
Task Force on Shale Gas – Final Conclusions and Recommendations (external website)
UKOOG – Community Engagement Charter (external website - opens in new window)
GOV.UK - National Planning Policy Framework (external website - opens in new window)
National Planning Practice Guidance (external website - opens in new window)
GOV.UK - SOS Decision Letter Recovered Appeals (external website - opens in new window)
Guidance on fracking: developing shale gas in the UK